Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post #12

I have learned so many things about blogging, classroom websites, SmartBoard, etc. and I can't wait to use these tools in my classroom. I think they are all ingenious ways to get the students more involved and to create interest for them in what they are learning.

Throughout the semester, I have been a little worried about how these students would be able to handle their blogs without confusion and difficulty. I think it is important to establish a good instructional basis for how to use a blog site and develop easy to follow steps. My main goal is to make blogging as simple as possible and to create a set of instructions so that even the youngest first graders can learn to blog.






Blog Assignment:

For this blog assignment, you are going to create a set of instructions on how to create your own blog.
1.The instructions must be created so that a group of first graders would be able to understand without any difficulty.
2.The assignment will also include a potential assignment created for the students after they have been given their instructions.
3. You must make this as easy as possible and make sure every detail is included. it must be thorough but, not so dense that the children will lose focus. 

My goal for this is for the student to be able learn how to blog without any instruction from their teacher other than what is written in the step by step guide. I believe these children are capable of learning to do something like this on their own. If the child knows how to access the internet, than they can easily set up their own blog and learn how to teach other children in other classes how to do it on their own. I think students learn from doing it themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,

    I am glad to know that you have also enjoyed blogging. I can see that you think that it is a wonderful tool for students, even as young as first grade, to utilize in the classroom. I think that your blog assignment is a great idea, however, I do not see where you did the assignment. I do believe that your goal for the overall process is headed in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emily,

    Miranda is right. You're missing the part of the blog post where you did the assignment you proposed. I like the overall concept though.

    ReplyDelete