Sunday, March 4, 2012

C4K Summary for February

Nate: Christmas in Florida

I truly enjoyed reading Nate's blog. He wrote about which holiday he would spend on vacation. he chose Christmas in Disney World. I can say from personal experience that this is a wise choice. He wrote about what he would like to do and what he wanted to see when he arrived.

What I had to say...
I commented on the fact that I have actually been to Disney World during Christmas and it was splendid. I also told him how close Mobile was to Orlando and that it was an easy drive. I explained what I had seen and compared with his idea of what it would be like and the two were very similar. His blog was so much fun to read!

Caitlyn: Christopher Columbus

Caitlyn is in the 5th grade in Mrs. Huebner's class. Her blog was a brief history on Christopher Columbus. Mrs. Huebner's class had a chance to speak with Christopher Lee and gain insight on his voyage. Christopher Columbus is an ancestor of Christopher Lee and is very familiar with the Columbus history.

What I had to say...
I stated in my comment how her fact were very informative. I didn't even know that a known relative of Christopher Columbus was living. Her blog was exciting and I found the information she provided to be very interesting.

Millie: Holidays

Millie lives in Australia and her blog was about how she spent her Christmas break. How cool! She wrote about the warm weather, having nothing to do and she even wrote about going surfing. She said she enjoyed her six weeks and was glad to be out of school. She wrote about how her birthday was in January and that she wanted an ipod touch! It was fun to read about a student in a different country.

What I had to say...
My comment stated how enjoyable it was to read her blog. We actually have a few things in common. I told her about my birthday in January and how I don't get many presents because Christmas was only a few weeks before. I don't mind though. I also told her how familiar it was to hear about warm weather during Christmas. I told her Mobile's weather is unpredictable and we never know what the temperature will be on Christmas day!

Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog: Fire Safety with Ellie's Dad

Mrs. Yollis ' class had local firemen visit their classroom and teach them about fire safety and what it was like to be a fireman. They learned basic safety techniques like stop, drop and roll and what to do in case of a fire. The firemen taught them the importance of having and practicing an escape route with their parents and never to hide from a fireman. The children also learned that it was important to stay close to the ground to avoid smoke inhalation. They seemed to have tons of fun and the video of the fireman getting dressed in under a minute was fun to watch!

What I had to say...
In my comment, I talked about how this kind of presentation was always my favorite when I was in grade school. I loved it when the firemen came to visit because we always had so much fun. A few of the safety techniques have changed a tiny bit, but mostly they seem pretty much the same. This was good to know! I stated how much fun it must of been and how happy I was to see that they still do this sort of thing in schools. I can't wait for them to visit my school when I finally become a teacher.


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had fun and made personal connections with these kids in Iowa, California and Australia!

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete