Monday, March 12, 2012

Personal Learning Network (PLN) Project #10

http://img.ehowcdn.co.uk/article-new/ehow/images/a08/9m/42/ideas-elementary-teachers-staff-meetings-800x800.jpg
I LOVE SYMBALOO!! How awesome is this? I love it especially because I have a particular dislike for having to use favorite and bookmarks. The webmix is genius. I have everything I need right at my fingertips. Literally! I am always finding sources and links I want to keep, but I have a habit of losing the slips of paper I write them down on.This is perfect.

Using a PLN is a fantastic way to keep track of sources and information that you find along the way. I think that using this tool as an educator will allow me to share my ideas with other teachers and maybe encourage them to take up technology in their lesson plans. It's so simple, it almost takes no effort. Their is nothing to be afraid of because this site is so easy to navigate and it makes searching the web easier. This would be a great introductory tool for someone new to using a computer outside of grading and Google.

I have added all of the sites that were previously listed in my bookmarks, such as the project instructions, blog instructions, EDM310 website and the list of class blogs to my webmix. I have also listed Shelly Terrell's 23 Resources About Personal Learning Networks because it is full of information on the benefits of using and sharing a PLN. I've also found a useful site that tells you how you can use Twitter to help build your LPN. 

I now view an LPN as a neccessity. Without, I would be lost because there isn't an efficient way for me to remember all of these important sites. There are no tabs, no folders or having to type something into a search engine. It simply requires setting your webmix to open up when your browser does. Very simple.



No comments:

Post a Comment